SignCAD® stands above any other traffic sign design software.
SignCAD allows you to design traffic signs accurately, in minutes, from day one. You will be amazed by how fast and easy your work will become, because SignCAD has federal and most state standards built into the software. We’ve packed SignCAD with powerful features: multiple standards support, truly automatic dimensioning, smart objects and dynamic panels.
SignCAD is a quantum leap in CAD technology. Bundled into one package are the federal standard signs library and many state libraries and templates and they are all fully editable, SignCAD also includes multiple state standards that define arrows, panel borders and sizes and route markers. SignCAD is compatible with the latest versions of MicroStation and AutoCAD.
SignCAD is a standalone Windows application that helps you design traffic signs easily and accurately. SignCAD multiplies your productivity because it manages the details while you concentrate on the design.
Built into SignCAD are federal and individual state standards for text, route markers, arrows, and panels. It is the ideal sign design solution for state DOT’s and for engineering firms who work in multiple jurisdictions. We also provide full product support.
SignCAD runs on Windows 7, 8 and 10 computers. It is available as a single computer or network installations.
SignCAD is used by state DOT’s, engineering firms, cities and counties and sign manufacturing companies nationwide. You only need to select a standard when creating a new file. All of the parameters for panels, fonts, arrows, route markers, and layouts are loaded for that standard.
Federal Highway Fonts.
SignCAD contains all the highway fonts, including B, C, D, E, E Mod and F, and the federal spacing tables for both English and metric fonts.
When the panel changes size, the border width and radius automatically changes to meet the standard. Or, you can manually override by specifying your own values.
SignCAD allows you to fine-tune the design.
It maintains the alignments and arrangements automatically without upsetting the layout. Existing signs can easily be modified.
Much of the work is done for you.
When you add or delete objects from the panel, it dynamically changes size, according to the size increment specified by the standard. Adding dimensions in other programs is usually tedious and time-consuming. Not with SignCAD. Dimension lines are automatically added as objects are added to the panel.
Existing signs can easily be modified.
You can modify existing signs by adding, removing or rearranging objects and save as a new sign. SignCAD automatically adjusts the panel and dimensions. You don’t have to start from scratch every time.
Review time is reduced.
If it looks right, it is right. Your design is accurately scaled and dimensioned. You don’t have to recalculate all the numbers and sizes because SignCAD, with its built-in standards tables, consistently turns out accurate results.
SignCAD contains the following list of smart objects. Objects conform to your state standards.
- Fonts: B, C, D, D Mod, E, E Mod and F with upper case, lower case, fractions and special characters defined within each font. Some standards may not allow access to some sets of characters within each font.
SignCAD can use any installed TrueType font.
- Arrows: up arrows, standard arrows, down arrows, U-turn arrows, roundabouts, diagrammatic arrows, double headed and advance turn arrows as determined by each standard. Available sizes and types may vary depending on the standard selected.
- Route markers: Interstate, US Highway, State, square county, pentagonal county, guide sign and independent use, specialty route markers. Additional route markers can be added according to state specifications.
- Panels: split color panels, exit number panels, guide signs, standard sign blanks. Guide sign size is controlled by objects contained within them and the allowable size increments. Standard signs are fixed sizes and include all the standard shapes. The entire MUTCD is also included.
- Symbols: includes all of the federal 2004, 2009/2012 recreational and cultural symbols.
- Lines: Horizontal and Vertical lines separating legends automatically update their widths to the border widths, and extend to panel edges, indent, or can be set to specific lengths.
- Rectangles: Rounded or square corner rectangles are used for plaques such as exit only and special services.
- Graphics: Graphics and object editing windows allow you to import and edit graphics to be used like any other object in SignCAD. Examples are roundabout arrows, logos, specialty or custom graphics that can be saved pulled into any sign. Many graphics are already in SignCAD’s standard sign libraries and templates menus.